Sunday 12 July 2020

Sunday Sunshine and Stinkeye

Veikko here, in the sunshine with a smart blue collar.  I have been mostly in my private quarters recently as I am having some problems with the others who are a little bit jealous that I get to sleep in the same bed as Äiti. Papu is also with us, but as he is getting bigger, no one is hassling him !
So my magic collar protects me from nearly everyone; Jura is however so strong that he bashes through two magnetic cat flaps and gets into my room. Now I am glad Jura is well enough to do this (he has an ongoing problem in his throat) but it's not much fun for me.  After a lot of stinkeye between us, he floofs his tail and launches at me. Äiti then usually rescues me by evicting Jura, but she is really upset by the fact we do not all get on. She asks if any Loyal Reader has suggestions about cat flaps ? Jura is very clever and strong, and Äiti is reluctant to buy another flap (one which reads microchips) if he can simply ram his way through those. But, I am enjoying my time with Papu in my room, and sleep on Äiti's head because I can !  And I do get to go out on the Catio with the others when supervised.

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry you are being bullied by the others, Veikko but have no suggestions. When we had multiple cats (13 at one time) we were lucky they all got on well. The three black brothers would occasionally have a screaming fur flying all out war for a couple of minutes, but would be back in a nap pile right afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I don't have a solution to your problem, but I love the smart blue collar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visount Veikko, wish we had something to add to this, but so far, our track record with cats that don't get along isn't stellar. However, from what I've read, the microchip flaps will only open for the cats that it's programmed for; it stays locked tight otherwise.
    Good luck, and Jura, just stop it!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments from our Loyal Readers, even though Äiti is really bad at commenting back. But please don't let that stop you......

Saa kirjoitta suomeksikin - Äiti on laiska, mutta on pakko oppia suomea.

Tervetuloa! Welcome!