Saturday 26 August 2017

Saturday Shut Down

Sampo here, as you can see. I am resting up, as it is the weekend and Pekka is providing a comfy pillow for my weary head. You see, I have taken on duties as spokescat for the Felocracy. These are serious responsibilities, and involve handling the correspondence - especially to Spitty. I know I cannot possibly emulate Punapippuri's skills in missives to him, but I am learning.  I am also learning to hog the laptop when Äiti types, and am proficient in peemailing. However, I have no wish to restore the monarchy and am happy with my role as a relaxed mancat. Leadership strikes me as stressful and I'm only going to do it when it feels like fun. Right now, my priority is sleep which is just as well as Äiti is pretty settled, having had a dizzy week. 
And that maybe is because the air pressure is changing as autumn approaches. She took this photo nearby on one of the local ski paths. It's a good year for rowan berries - which means the birdies will be flocking to them soon........ We are optimistic those flocks will divert to us.


7 comments:

  1. You are a Fine Spokescat, Sampo! You and Pekka hold Äiti down ALL DAY. Damn her bladder, you need your rest! (and pets)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice of Pekka to be accommodating as a pillow, Sampo! Rule in your own way; Angel Punapippuri would prefer that his style remain totally original, I'm sure! Hope the dizziness goes away for Aiti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sampo, my good ManCat! How delightful to see your sleek and shiny self. While you have not yet reached the lofty heights of wit and disdain wielded by the King, Cod rest His regal soul, you are indeed developing your own brand of regular-guy charm. However, we should not forget that you were once known as the pikku prinssi. And in time . . . well, who knows is all I'm sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paws crossed that you get a good crop of birdies, including lots of not-very-bright ones who think catios are good hangout places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, Sampo. You may fool Äiti and other not-so-bright kitties (we better don't throw in any other names than Äiti's. Well, she's not a kitty of course, but we all know that she's foolish and not very smart), but your claws don't really suggest that you're innocently sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesh. Good work Sampo, you have big boots to be filled... but we on you. And the stinky birds, they will be easy snacks after eating rowan berries - so drunken are they and tasty... So, let the autumn come.

    Lilla-Ebba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We trust on You, tried we say...

      Delete

We love comments from our Loyal Readers, even though Äiti is really bad at commenting back. But please don't let that stop you......

Saa kirjoitta suomeksikin - Äiti on laiska, mutta on pakko oppia suomea.

Tervetuloa! Welcome!