Tuesday 25 July 2017

Tender Tuesday

Lewis writing
I was asked if I would write something for the blog and it would be rude to refuse, so I agreed. Aila, sadly, was not so polite.  I have known her nearly all her life, and she's not always so unfriendly - we get on well and she is kind to me.
Actually, everyone is kind to me as I am the oldest in the group, perheemme as it is called in the strange language of the Finncats. I am quite English in heritage, and apparently a true gentleman (blushes). I am very shy though and only allow this sort of thing in very quiet, rare moments. It makes Äiti very happy when she tickles me, and I admit I do enjoy it when I forget to be nervous.
I have seen may changes since I joined Äiti in 2005, when I was at least 5 years old. So many cats have joined us, and sadly so many have left. But I am happy, and glad of a good home with warmth and food and friends.

10 comments:

  1. Handsome Lewis, we are so happy that you took the time out of your busy napping schedule to share a post with us.
    XOXOXO
    Pee Ess - our human Mom sends you many soft smooches as she has a soft spot for gray mancats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Lewis...a pleasure to meet you! Jolly good, what? (That's my little bit of pretending to be British)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to hear from you, Lewis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lewis! What ho! Pip pip and all. Yeah, like the Eastside kitties I'm trotting out my rather limited BritCat greeting. You are a very lucky guy to have found such a jolly home, even if the Finns talk weird. But not the FinnCats, right? Meow is the same in every language surely. And you are even luckier to be napping in such close proximity to the Beauteous Aila, your lovely countrycat. Enjoy your warms and naps and foods, and even those Aiti-scritches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a pleasure to meet a proper gentleman. Finnish men may have sisu and all that, but they're not exactly known to be old-school gentlemen, are they?

    Mom äh Mum is wondering as a non-native English speaker: is "jolly" sth Americans think is very British, or do Brits really use "jolly" a lot? I watch quite a lot of British tv, but I can't recall hearing "jolly". Ok, apart from a very famous song (and of course your Jolly Mogs)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Handsome! I almost feel You with the tips of my fingers.. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I've ever seen you in the blog. So happy to meet you. A true gentleman in that clowder? No wonder you don't make the "news". Looks like Aila and you enjoy your naps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is nice to see you enjoying those chin tickles, Lewis.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwwwww, Lewis, what a sweetie. We're wondering, how did you get your name?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yesh. We love Lewis, real gentleman, real cutieee. Better buddie can't Aila get... A man who really understand women, what a miracle.

    Lilla-Ebba med Max å mailman Tepsu

    ReplyDelete

We love comments from our Loyal Readers, even though Äiti is really bad at commenting back. But please don't let that stop you......

Saa kirjoitta suomeksikin - Äiti on laiska, mutta on pakko oppia suomea.

Tervetuloa! Welcome!